Tuesday, April 23, 2013




I had the privilege of planning the wedding of Ada and Tari Ombu two friends of mine. Ada decided to go with wedding planning from inception and it was a pleasure to be involved in the entire process and rewarding to see it all come to life. In all honesty, she was one of the most easy going brides to work with, after her wedding she agreed to a short interview and also to share some pictures from the day enjoy.....

How did Tari propose? 
We went out to dinner and he seemed nervous throughout, very unlike him. We got back after dinner and he starts saying how much he loves me and how he will love to spend the rest of my life with me. Next thing he whips out a little red box and got on his knees. From that moment on, I didn't hear a word he said, i jumped up screaming yes, yes, yes!

What were the colours/theme of your wedding? 
The colours were peach and silver. I always loved peach as a fruit, its smell, its colour so I decided to incorporate it into my wedding with silver to mute the brightness of the peach. I wanted to acheive a pretty, timeless and elegant look with being to overdone.

What was the most memorable moment of the day? 
Well there were three for me. First, walking down the aisle with my father. Secondly, saying 'I Do' to the love of my life and finally, finally dancing into the reception as I could not wait to see if it was as dreamy as I had always visualized it.

What did you find most stressful?
The last few days before the wedding were most stressful for me. I had an amazing planner all the way as well as seasoned vendors so the nerves didn't hit till a few days before. There wasn't anything in particular but rather the jitters, anticipation and anxiety of the biggest day in my life so far.

What would you say were the benefits of having I Do Weddings plan and co-ordinate your day? 
Wow, let me just say IDW listened to us (the couple), our ideas and needs and brought it all together surpassing all my expectations. When dealing with a polished and seasoned wedding planning outfit, you can only end up with such results for your big day. IDW started with us at the very start from selecting vendors, picking colours and themes, making sure even the most minute details were covered with utmost professionalism and honesty.

Thanks to Ada for all her generous compliments here are a few pictures from the wedding. All the photography below is provided by Jeffery Olalekan (www.jeffreyolalekan.com jefferyola@gmail.com 08055630918) , the decor is by Sara O and the wedding planning is I Do Weddings.


















































Thanks once again to Ada and Tari for sharing their pictures, I wish you both all the happiness and joy in your marriage xoxo















Popular Posts