Thursday, August 15, 2013


I'm going to break my trend and blog about a wedding that I Do Weddings hasn't personally planned. The main reason to be honest is the bride. Badriyya is simply stunning! I have always been fascinated by Northern weddings and so I wanted to do a northern wedding spotlight. The opportunity presented itself when the gorgeous Badriyya, daughter of former Govenor of Bauchi State Alhaji Ahmed Adamu Mu'azu  married Mohammed, son of the former Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. I have decided to keep this post about the couple and their friends in spite of the very prominent families that they come from. In my view, weddings in Nigeria usually tend to focus on the parents and family. Whilst their importance cannot be understated, I love to see the events from the perspective of having the bride and groom in the spotlight surrounded by their friends. It is very likely that this wedding may be reported across different media with a focus on both notable families, but here you get to see the festivities from a perspective I personally enjoy. The couple have been kind enough to share their pictures with I Do Weddings. The gorgeous decor is provided by Newton & David.

The Traditional Kamu Event











 ***

The Grand Dinner, Bauchi

















***
The Cocktail Party














***













***
The Dinner in Abuja





























































Popular Posts