Friday, July 12, 2013

I received this email from Laura on January 22, 2013: 

My fiance, Patrick, and I are planning a wedding for Friday, June 14, 2013. We were initially going to get married at the court house, but the more we have discussed it, the more we want to do something a little more personal. We are now hoping to have a small ceremony (no more than 20 people) at our home in Chapel Hill. I saw your webpage, and your services seem perfect for us. We are hoping for something simple, meaningful, and fun. I know this is probably fairly late notice, but I am hoping you are available that day. We would love to have the ceremony in the late afternoon, but we can be flexible. Please let me know if you have any availability and if you need more information. Thanks so much!  ~~Laura

I was very happy that I was available and we made all the arrangements, created a sweet ceremony including a short synopsis of their love story, tributes to their family members present, and reflected their serious commitment to each other along with some laughs! So, on June 14th, I arrived at their home in Chapel Hill to meet their families and perform the ceremony. I just never know what amazing things might transpire when I walk into someone's home for a wedding. I was simply blown away (and they were too) to learn that Laura and her family are from Rome, GA -- 18 miles from Cedartown GA where I grew up! Her parents and I never knew each other but we knew places and some people in common. How about that! 
Then we got on with the reason I was there in the first place, to marry Patrick and Laura! Everyone gathered in their sunken living room and we did it! Present were both mothers, Karen and Susan, Laura's dad, Hugh, and Patrick's grandmother, Patricia. Laura's cousin Lee Ann and her best friend Ellen and Patrick's brother Cory were there too. Thanks to Lee Ann for these photos.
Laura's dad was happy to sign the license for me along with Ellen. 
Patrick and Laura, although we both grew up in places 18 miles apart and although I did not get to know you really well, you seem so well suited for each other and I am so glad you decided not to go to the courthouse and found me. It was my honor to officiate for you! I wish you all the best!
***********************************************
To contact me:
919-345-4608
Or leave a comment below!


************************************************

Popular Posts