Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I see hearts everywhere I go and I love them, they are the definitive symbol of love. Long before I ever knew I'd be writing a blog I started to collect hearts, quotes about the heart and pictures of hearts. I was going through the pictures on my phone and noticed I had so many and so began this blog post. I have saved the best heart story for last, continue viewing to see more pictures and at the end to read a story about hearts being used in an ultimate and enduring act of love.....




























To end this post I must share what I consider to be an incredibly romantic story about hearts which I read last year. In summary, a lady called Janet Howes died suddenly 17 years ago and as a tribute of love to her, her husband Berefet Winston Howes planted thousands of oak samplings in a six acre field near their home but he left the centre heart shaped as a tribute to her. Overtime the seeds matured into Oaks but went undiscovered as he kept it a secret and the heart shape couldn't be seen from the road but only from above. Fast forwards to 2012 and Andy Collett a keen hot air balloonist discovered this long kept secret. He said; 'This was the most amazing sight I have ever seen from the sky. It was a perfect heart hidden away from view-you would not know it was there. You can imagine the love story."

This beautiful act of preserving her memory and ultimately his love for her ends the post beautifully.... ......stay in love, stay inspired xoxo





Mr Howes, 70, said 'I came up with the idea of creating a heart in the clearing of the field after Janet died. I thought it was a great idea- it was a flash of inspiration- and I planted several thousand oak trees. Once it was completed we put a seat in the field, overlooking the hill near where she used to live. I sometimes go down there, just to sit and think about things. It is a lovely and lasting tribute to her which will be hear for years.
We planted large Oak trees around the edge of the heart and then decided to put a headge around it too. The heart points towards Wotton Hill, where Janet is from. We plant daffodils in the middle that comes up in the spring-it looks great. I go out there from time to time and sit in the seat I created.' Mr Howes



To read the full story click on go to; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2173055/A-real-labour-love-Devoted-farmer-creates-heart-shaped-meadow-planting-thousands-oak-trees-tribute-late-wife.html

*photos are taken from the daily mail as is the source of the story.

Be in love, be inspired xoxo

Popular Posts