Wednesday, December 16, 2009













If you have ever wondered about having a winter wedding, here are some photos and a thank you note to consider.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Kara

Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:32 AM

To: Robyn Sheather
Subject: Re: Hawthorne Hotel Reservation

Robyn
First, we never formally thanked you and your team for hosting the perfect wedding celebration.

From the night before the wedding when my out of town guests dined at the Tavern to the morning after when the crowd was filling up the lobby to say goodbye, it was a perfect event.

Our guests had such a great time that both sides of our families are planning to host family parties on New Year's from time to time as they couldn't imagine not doing it after last year's event.

You and Karen were so patient in the planning process and I know why now - you're great at it and I didn't need to worry about any of the little things I was worried about.

Sean was thrilled by the food and the sudden arrival of a case of his favorite beverage - between having his own firefighter's helmet cake and that beverage for just him, he didn't know who to thank or which to have first! The DJ, Chris Culkeen, who you recommended was fantastic - the group had a blast. The food was great, the wait staff took care of everyone, and our host was amazing - she even found my sneakers for me so I could run out to get pics in the snow then fixed my veil when the wind had blown it off.

Can't say enough about how thankful we are that the Hawthorne was where we started our life together. Also, I have attached a few of the pics I have of the hotel from that night - snow and all. I have a group of them to send via snapfish. It really was a perfect night and I can't thank you all enough for making it so.

And back to our original topic...our wedding package included a one night stay for the 1st anniversary and we can't think of a better place to celebrate the first one than at the Hawthorne - our guests still tell us how much fun they had that night.

As the anniversary is New Year's, is it even an option to arrange the stay for that night? If not, is there any availability for Saturday the 2nd? If that weekend doesn't work, I will have to check with Sean as his schedule is not a typical 9-5 so he works weekends and I don't know his January schedule aside from New Year's. Let me know if there's anything available on those dates and we'll go from there.

Hope you all had a wonderful, successful year and we wish you more of the same in 2010.

Cheers,

Kara

Popular Posts