Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Janice sent me an email in August inquiring of my fee for marrying her and Bob. I responded that I would be most happy to marry them either at their location or in my wedding garden. She responded that they had decided just to go down to the courthouse and get married.  I do charge a bit more for my garden and a personalized ceremony than the $20 a couple pays to get married by a magistrate in a stock civil ceremony in the courthouse in Raleigh. Then a few days later she called me saying that they had reconsidered. Getting married in a courtroom with the possibility of a criminal signing their license as a witness suddenly took away all the appeal of going that route! Surely not very romantic or pleasant memory of your wedding day. So, we made all the arrangements for Janice and Bob to get married in my wedding garden on October 1, 2011 at 11:00 AM. They brought their two best friends to serve as witnesses.
That Saturday turned out to be the first day of our "cold front" so it was a bit chilly! But the sun was shining and the garden was beautiful. 
Janice told me she looked for something cream colored to wear but could not find anything that would be warm. Notice she even got out her boots for this weather! Bob seemed to be okay in his shirtsleeves and I pinned the boutonniere on his pocket. 
Tony has known Bob since they were little kids so it was really special he was there. Shirley and Janice work together. Shirley was busy being the photographer too. 
Bob is quite a tall fellow, isn't he? 
 
Congratulations, Janice and Bob! I am so happy to have met you and had the honor of marrying you two. May the force be with you!

Popular Posts