Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trish emailed me last March inquiring of my services. She and Jim are huge Hurricanes fans and come to Raleigh several times each year from their home in Cape Cod to see them. She explained that Jim was a big fan of the Whalers in Rhode Island who became the Hurricanes. She has loved hockey since she was 8 years old and quickly adopted the Hurricanes as her team too. I was happy to make plans with Trish and Jim to have their wedding in my wedding garden. Little did we know that November 7, 2010 would be rather frigid and felt more like Massachusetts than North Carolina with temps in the 40s. But the garden was beautiful and we braved the chill and they are now married! They hired Amanda Byrnes to take some photos but the ones here were taken by Marty with my digital camera.
Jim and Trish met a few years ago when Jim was in rehab for having a heart attack. Trish worked in the rehab center and that is where they met. She jokingly says that Jim had to have a heart attack in order for them to meet. They both had been divorced since 1991 and were so happy to find one another.
 
 
 
 
The ceremony was sweet but brief and we were glad due to the cold weather. They exchanged their vows and rings. Then I pronounced them husband and wife and they were just like a couple of kids they were so thrilled.
They sealed their vows with a kiss and the deed was done! Time for some more photos then a celebration dinner for two at the Carolina Inn. 
Trish and Jim, I am so delighted that you found each other and that you wanted to get married in North Carolina and chose me to officiate your wedding. I know you are going to be such a happily married couple. The next time Dave and I visit our relatives who live on the Cape 5 minutes from you, we will definitely get together!

Popular Posts