Saturday, March 26, 2011

Amy and Scott and I met on January 9th to plan their wedding ceremony set for March 26, 2011 at Wakefield Plantation Country Club. They wanted a small wedding with family and close friends and not a lot of fanfare. They chose to have no attendants and therefore we did not have a rehearsal. We got to work on their ceremony right away. Part of the ceremony was their story which I began to piece together from their answers to questions I asked. They sent me some very good material so I was able to write their story that included a lot of humor.  During the ceremony creation process they happily discovered that they were expecting a baby in September so we added a blessing for the unborn baby to the wedding ceremony. 
When we arrived, the cake by Cake Dreams by Sally was already there. Such a pretty cake following their color scheme of pink and green.
After a week of unseasonably warm weather in Raleigh, March 26 turned cold with drizzling rain but it was cozy and warm inside the Wakefield Plantation Clubhouse. Jacklyn, the venue's event coordinator was on hand to answer questions, coordinate vendors, and help sneak the bride up to the door from where she and her father, Wayne, would enter. Thanks, Jacklyn!
The tables were all set with the pretty linens, flowers , and special favors from the couple.
Amy and Scott got cookies that she grew up savoring.
 
Amy's mother, Gail, was there and ready to celebrate. We can see where Amy gets her beauty!
Ed Stephenson and Craig Hanemann were our musicians from Arioso Strings. I do a lot of weddings with these two guys and it was good to see them after the winter hiatus. This wedding is our first together for 2011. They were in fine form too.
This is a beautiful ice sculpture. I don't know who to credit for this lovely work of art. 
When all the guests were seated, we began the processional with the grandparents. Then his very elegant mother and father processed in (above). You can see where Scott gets his good looks!
Scott and I came in and took our places in front of the fireplace. Thankfully someone had discovered he had forgotten to eat something before the wedding and gave him a plate of hors d'oeuvres which he gobbled up. I found out years ago that the combination of hunger and nervousness can lead to falling out and we don't want that at a wedding!
Here comes our beautiful bride. She was a bit nervous too and told me she was worried about crying during the ceremony. Crying is perfectly fine. In fact, I would be a bit concerned if no emotion was showing on your wedding day. That's why I carry a hankie for the bride and groom, just in case. Both of them needed it today!
We included a Parents' Blessing which is a thank you and tribute to the couple's parents. Here they are standing to receive the tribute.
And, we included the baby! I ask the couple to put their hands on the baby while I read the blessing.
Next up was a reading of "The Art of Marriage," a popular reading for a wedding by Wilfred Arlan Peterson that they asked Amy's friend, Wendy, to present.
Then Elli, Scott's sister, read to us the beautiful "A Blessing for a Marriage" by Unity Minister, Reverend James Dillet Freeman.
It was time now for the couple's story. I took that opportunity to step out from behind them and away from the warmth of the fire behind me to speak to our guests who thoroughly enjoyed the story of how Amy and Scott first met on Match.com then Facebook becoming on-line buddies for almost a year before they met each other in person. And when they did, the rest, as they say, is history.
 
The grand finale was the kiss and they did as I suggested--make it long enough for your photographer to get a good shot! April Sirit of Evoke Photography and her assistant Rebecca were our photographers.
Amy and Scott, I am so happy you found each other, and found me! I know you have a very bright future together and please keep me posted next September when your baby boy is born!

Popular Posts